I have been inspired, yet again, by all of you awesome ladies and what you can do with your little ones' hair. In fact, when Mama Trisha (hi Trisha!) posted this on our Facebook wall, many of you commented on how adorable it was. Which got me to thinking. Why don't we all try to do a "Share the Hair" with our daughters in honour of Mother's Day!?!
If you're interested in participating, here's how things will go. For the next week, I will be accepting (via email only, please do not post to the Facebook wall) photos of you and your little one sporting the same (or similar) hairstyles to be published in a special Mother's Day "Share the Hair" post on Saturday, May 7, 2011.
Anyone can participate, you don't have to be a vanilla mama of a chocolate baby. All flavours are welcome, as love knows no colour! So submit those photos of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, caramel, mocha, espresso, and/or lemon hair so that we can celebrate Mother's Day with a collage of diversity! All ages are welcome, too, so if your "little one" isn't so "little" anymore, you can still participate.
1. Deadline to submit photos is midnight (PDT) May 4, 2011.
2. The photo must include you and one (or more) of your children, sharing the same or similar hairstyle.
3. Submission of photo is permission to publish the photo on this blog and/or on our Facebook page. All photos will be marked with our watermark to protect the photo from being used elsewhere.
4. Please only send one photo per child. If you have more than one child and would like to do individual styles with each of them, that's okay.
5. Be creative and have fun! This is a chance to bond with your child in celebration of our little blessings! If all you can do is rock a ponytail/puff or a TWA with your little one, that's okay, too. Common accessories in that case will help you both pull off a similar look. :-)
6. Try to take a photo with a camera other than a cellphone. They don't usually take the best pics and are often hard to see the awesome hard work that you do!
7. Please include:
The first initial of your child's name
The age of your child
The name of the hairstyle that you are "sharing"
Include "MAMA AND ME PIC" in the subject of your email
Send photos and required information to: rory /at/ ChocolateHairVanillaCare /dot/ com (Use appropriate email symbols where the words are; the email address is listed this way to keep away those evil SPAMMERS!)
Boo and I will also be participating in this fun activity. I'm so excited, I look forward to see all of your wonderful work!