As many of you know, I've been using Head & Shoulders Eucalyptus Itchy Scalp Care since my review and giveaway back in November 2010 and have been pleased as punch with the results. In fact, I've been using it so consistently I was thrilled when I was asked to review Head & Shoulders Green Apple Hair Care, because I was just about running out of the Eucalyptus Itchy Scalp Care shampoo and conditioner!
My hair suffers during the winter months for one simple reason: I wear hats. A lot. Part of it is due to my love of football and hockey, so wearing beanies is my way of supporting my sports teams. And part of it is because I'm always cold!
Wearing beanies does two things to my hair: first, it covers the top part of my head, keeping it roasty-toasty; second, it leaves the rest of my hair totally exposed to dry air. So the top part of my head gets hot, sometimes sweaty, and very often oily, while the bottom half of my hair completely dries out. I hate that.
Using Head & Shoulders Green Apple Hair Care these past few weeks, I am just thrilled at how well it has been rebalancing my hair after those "hat-hair" days. It's getting my scalp nice and clean, free of flakes and itchy build-up, while also keeping the ends of my hair moisturized.
The Green Apple Hair Care's active ingredient is the same pyrithione zinc we've come to expect, which is both antibacterial and antifungal, fighting not only strep and staph infections but also things like ringworm, psoriasis, eczema, and dry skin. All great things for me since I seem to overlook my own haircare needs in favour of my daughter's.
Further, I'm certain we would have no problems co-washing Boo's hair with the Green Apple Hair Care, as we had no problems doing so with the Eucalyptus Itchy Scalp Care.
So what's so different about Head & Shoulders Green Apple Hair Care? Well, it smells like green apples! Like yummy green apple flavoured Jolly Ranchers, Now & Laters, and Tootsie Bubble Gum Pops all rolled into one. Okay, I'm probably exaggerating because I love green apple flavoured things, but it does smell good. No medicinal scent at all!
My husband was thrilled with the Green Apple Hair Care for no other reason than he just does not like the smell of eucalyptus. The green apple scent is subtle yet noticeable. However, it's not "girly," just fresh and clean; so yes, even the guys can use it and not have to trade in any "man-cards" for it.
A great scent can lift my mood, like fruity scents in springtime. What scents make you feel beautiful and fresh?
Leave me a comment to be entered for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card from BlogHer.
- No duplicate comments.
- You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
- You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- The Official Rules are available here.
- This sweepstakes runs from 1/30/2012 - 2/28/2012
Be sure to visit the Promotions & Prizes page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers' reviews and find more chances to win! And visit the Life Well Lived section on BlogHer.com for more great tips on looking your best.